Thursday, January 16, 2014

Chickpea Flour Crepes and Saffron Rice



I was feeling a little guilty last night that I was just going to heat some curry-in-a-pouch for dinner, so I decided to try making some saffron rice in the rice cooker. And then that didn't seem like enough either, so I also made some chickpea flour crepes, too. It was a pretty nice meal.

For the saffron rice, I didn't use the proportions in the recipe because our rice cooker has its own measuring system. I just used the amount of water called for by the cooker and added some concentrated broth and a pinch of saffron threads. For the crepes, I used smoked paprika instead of cayenne (because our daughter doesn't like cayenne that much) and baby arugula instead of spinach because that's what we had in the fridge. They're super unfussy to make, delicious, and high in protein because of the chickpea flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment